After the Tax Sale

After the Tax Sale: Payment of Excess Funds

If there are any excess funds after paying taxes, costs, and all expenses of sale, the Tax Commissioner or Tax Collector may file an Interpleader Action in the Superior Court for the payment of the amount of such excess. Such excess shall be distributed by the Superior Court to intended parties, including the owner as their interest appears and in the order of priority in which their interest exists. This is the practice in effect in Fulton County.