Right of Redemption Foreclosed

After the Right of Redemption is Foreclosed

After foreclosing the right of redemption, it is recommended that the purchaser seek legal advice regarding the petition to quiet title in land, pursuant to O.C.G.A.§ 23-3-60.

Under the action, the petitioner (tax deed purchaser) makes a request to the court to take jurisdiction over the matter. The court then appoints a Special Master (third party) to examine the petition and exhibits to determine who is entitled to notice. The petitioner will then ask the court to issue a decree establishing his/her title in the land against "all the world" and that all "clouds to petitioner's title to the land be removed" and that said decree be recorded as provided by law."